COMPUTER/TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
This position is responsible for the technology infrastructure of the library including personal computers, network and servers, applications, email and internet access, data integrity and information security including backups.
Hourly Rate: $21.00/hour
Benefits: 90 hours paid sick and vacation time
Hours: Monday-Thursday 6:00-9:00PM Alternate Saturdays 8:00 AM- 2:00 PM (some flexibility)
Start date: TBD
Compete the online application and e-mail it with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com; Fax to 908-789-9523 No phone calls. EOE
- Bachelor's degree which must include a minimum of eighteen (18) semester hour credits in computer science.
- A+ and MCP Certification required – MSCE preferred
- Must be experienced with a Windows environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Knowledge & Abilities (Required)
- Knowledge to maintain, troubleshoot and expand library’s Local and Wide Area Networks.
- Knowledge to administer, maintain and monitor the library’s operating systems.
- Knowledge of industry standard Network Operating Systems (NOS), specifically Windows Server 2008 & 2012, and Windows operating systems, specifically Windows 7 & 8.
- Knowledge of server hardware and associated software, including backup solutions.
- Knowledge of wireless networks including experience with setup, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of telecommunication components used to interconnect servers to communication devices
- Experienced in networking, TCP/IP, DCHP, DNS, SQL servers, Unix
- Available after hours to perform maintenance and emergency IT issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position.
- Ability to prepare clear, sound, accurate, and informative report containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Library Experience helpful
- Experience setting up and maintaining AV Equipment such as microphones and digital projectors helpful but not required
- Other duties as assigned