Works under general supervision of the Senior Custodian and performs a variety of cleaning and maintenance duties to keep all areas of the library in an orderly, clean and attractive condition.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sweeps and mops hallways, stairs and other areas. Cleans carpeted floors with vacuum cleaner.
- Cleans windows and sills. Cleans shelving, furniture and other equipment.
- Empties wastebaskets, cleans lavatories, replaces light bulbs and makes minor repairs to furniture. Cleans and tidies up around the outside of the building, including weeding and trash pick-up.
- Prepares meeting rooms for meetings; arranges furniture.
- Prepares materials for recycling and brings them to curb.
- Makes minor repairs to plumbing and electrical fixtures, such as: replacing light bulbs and electrical plugs, replacing washers in faucets, unclogging drains.
- Moves or assists in moving books, furniture and supplies within the library.
- Empties book returns.
- Clears snow and ice from around library.
- Cuts shrubs and bushes around library.
- Assists with library closing procedures.
- Performs other duties as instructed.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Ability to converse, speaking clearly, concisely, and courteously.
Ability to interact with co-workers and patrons in a calm, pleasant manner
Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position.
Ability to comprehend and follow written and/or oral one-or-two step instructions.
Must have sufficient physical strength to perform job duties.
Must possess valid driver’s license.
High School or equivalent diploma.
Knowledge of plumbing & electric helpful
Click here to go back to the Custodian Job Application page.